QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software that offers precise accounting and automated tax calculations for small businesses. The software generates credible financial reports using the company file data, which helps users make informed decisions for increasing the profits of their business. But like any other software, QuickBooks also deals with internal issues that can cause it to malfunction. You’ll receive a Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running On This Computer error message while accessing a company file. If you are also facing difficulties opening your company file due to this error, explore the reasons for this error and the countermeasures by going through this blog till the end.
A QB support team is always available at 1-855-856-0042 for your assistance in resolving this error.
- QuickBooks get blocked by the Windows firewall and fail to run its background processes.
- QuickBooks company file has become unreadable for the software after taking damage in your system drives.
- QuickBooks isn’t able to find the company file due to its incorrect location specified in the software.
Recommended to read: How to Fix Quickbooks Subscription Has Lapsed
You can fix the QBCFmonitorservice with the help of the methods given below-
Solution 1- Give Windows firewall permissions to QuickBooks
A significant cause for the QBCFMonitorservice failing on your PC can be restrictions imposed by the Windows firewall. If QuickBooks isn’t able to run its background process due to any interruption, the software will develop an instant error. The software will be stopped from connecting to the internet or any other system if the firewall settings aren’t configured properly. Follow the steps given below to allow QuickBooks to bypass the firewall to prevent any issues while working on the data file-
- Open the control panel on your PC with the help of file explorer or the Windows Start button.
- Search for Windows firewall and open its settings window.
- Click the Allow an app or feature through the Windows firewall option present in the left side menu.
- Select QuickBooks from the programs list and mark the checkboxes for Public & Private.
- Save the settings and reopen QuickBooks.
If the error stops you from executing the task again, go to the next solution.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Simplified Ways to Deal with the QuickBooks Error PS060
Solution 2- Fix the damage in your company file
This error can also develop when the software fails to process the company file due to its unsupported format. The data file may have taken a hit from a virus attack or data corruption in your hard disk. You’ll see an error message on the screen when the software fails to run the file. You can take the help of the QB Tool hub to fix this issue after downloading its latest version from the QuickBooks website. Apply these steps-
- Tap the Company file issues in the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in the list of options.
- Choose your company file from the list or click on Browse to locate it.
- Click the Check your file option and run the tool by entering your QB admin password.
- Wait until the company file is fixed and then reopen QuickBooks.
The issues in your company file will be fixed and the QBCFMonitorservice will now run without any interruption.
This blog describes why is Qbcfmonitorservice Not Running On This Computer. You now know the actions you need to take to eliminate this issue, and we hope you apply them to make your QuickBooks error free again. In case you need help with any remaining queries, converse directly with a QB professional at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Error UEXP: A Complete Guide to Fix it!