QuickBooks can throw certain technical glitches while working on it, and one such technical bug is the QuickBooks error 6189. This error indicates that there is some issue in the multi-user network. Once you encounter the error 6189, an error message stating, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file,” will pop up on your screen. We know this error might be frustrating for the users as it hampers your workflow. We will discuss some methods in this blog to help you fix this error with easy steps. You can read the entire blog to get a brief about the error.
You can get assistance from our experts to rectify the QuickBooks error 6189. For getting assistance, call us on 1.855.738.2784 and speak to the experts directly.
What causes the QuickBooks error code 6189?
- Check if the viruses on your computer are causing the QuickBooks error code 6189.
- This error can also appear on your screen if there is any issue with the QB Windows registry.
- This company file error might also be brought on by a missing or broken window component in your system.
- The company file you’re trying to access may be used by another program, which could also result in this error on your computer.
Simple and easy fixes to troubleshoot the company file error code 6189
Go through the methods mentioned below and try to eliminate the company file error code 6189.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error H202
Method 1: Run Quick fix my program in the tool hub
- Once the tool hub has been downloaded to your computer, open it.
- Click on Program Problems once you locate it.
- Go to Quick fix my program and click on it.
- Try to access the company file right away by opening QuickBooks.
Method 2: Try to restart all the computers and servers
- Firstly restart the server pc; it is the one that is hosting the company files.
- Now restart each workstation.
- Launch QuickBooks desktop on the server pc.
- At last open the QuickBooks desktop on each workstation.
Method 3: Run QB database server manager
- Download and install the tool hub on your desktop.
- Once done and you finish completing all the on-screen commands.
- Tap on the tool hub to launch it.
- Open the tool hub and look for network issues to tap on it.
- Choose the QB database server manager now.
- Next, select start scan if you can locate the company file. In case you can not locate it use the browse option instead.
- Do not forget to click on close.
- Open QB on the server pc and then on all workstations.
Concluding it here!
Now you have a brief about QuickBooks error 6189 and its fixes. You can fix this error easily on your own. If you feel stuck in any of the methods above, you can ring us on 1.855.738.2784. Speak to our certified professionals to address all your queries and get instant feedback from them.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks error PS077