While running the QuickBooks application, users may encounter different errors that hinder their smooth workflow and productive results. This amazing software holds an excellent multi-user feature that adds more advantages to one’s business accounting operations and daily tasks. With this mode, multiple users can work on the same QuickBooks company data file and complete their routine tasks. However, the QuickBooks Multi User mode not working error disturbs the users while running the QuickBooks multi-user mode. And that’s why we have brought up this blog post to help you solve the error.
Are you searching for issues when QuickBooks is not working in multi-user mode? If yes, then dial our helpline number 1-855-856-0042 to get in contact with our technician team QuickBooks.
Reasons Why Is My QuickBooks Multi User Not Working
- The QuickBooks application, when not installed properly on the server computer, then this error troubles the users.
- The Firewall or antivirus security software fails to allow smooth communication between the QuickBooks user computers, and so the error occurs.
- If the QuickBooks Database Server Manager fails to access the QuickBooks company data file, then there can be a chance of this error.
- Another reason for this error is your improper Windows file permissions.
- Also, the incorrect hosting settings of the QuickBooks Desktop software on your server to host the company data file is the reason for this error of QuickBooks multi-user mode not working.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing
Fixing Techniques To Solve The QuickBooks Multi-User Error
Fixing Method 1 – Fix The Issue By Renaming The .TLG And The .ND Files
- First of all, head towards the Home page by pressing the F2 key of your keyboard. After this, you will get the Product Information window prompt on your screen.
- Now, under the File Information tab, you have to find the location of the company data file with extension as .TLG and . QBW.ND files. You will find these files in the same folder.
- Now, in this step, from the location of the file, you have to give right-click on the above-mentioned company data files to rename the same. Now, check whether the error has been fixed or still creating obstacles for you.
Fixing Method 2 – Fix The Issue By Adding The Server To Your Windows Host File
- First of all, you have to use the Notepad of your computer system that is encountering the issue of Cannot switch to QuickBooks multi-user mode. After this, you are required to access your windows host file.
- Here, the host file is placed at the path as (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\). Now, open the Notepad with the help of Admin credentials, if required. After this, you have to enter the server’s IP address, followed by entering the last IP address.
- In this step, you have to use the Tab key on your keyboard and enter the server name in the dialogue box. Now, click on the Save button by going to the File menu.
In A Nutshell!
So, get your hands on the solutions mentioned above and solve the error of QuickBooks multi-user mode not working. If your issue hasn’t been solved, get in touch with our QuickBooks technician team by calling us at 1-855-856-0042.
Also read: PS036 QuickBooks Payroll Error Issue: Let’s Rectify It!