Did you just see the Amped wireless setup issues on your extender? Well, setup issues or glitches occur when there’s something not right with your device. If the Amped range extender is unable to function properly or is encountering some problems, you will see the default web address setup.ampedwireless.com not working properly.
These types of issues should not occur if you follow the steps or instructions very carefully. However, if you face such issues, you first need to identify the source of the problem. Once you get to identify the root cause of the issue, solving the problem becomes very easy and quick.
So this post will first walk you through the most common causes of the Amped wireless setup problems. After that, we will go through the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
Reasons for setup.ampedwireless.com not working
We must try to identify the root cause of the Amped wireless setup issues to be able to perform the right troubleshooting tricks. Here are some of the most common reasons for the default web address not working issue;
- Firmware outdated on your Amped wireless extender
- Amped wireless extender switched Off
- The extender facing trouble connecting to the power supply
- Inadequate power supply to your device
- Amped extender in idle state
- Insecure connection between your PC and extender
- Antivirus or firewall causing restriction
Tips to fix setup.ampedwireless.com not working
Now that you have an idea about the possible root cause of the issue, you can perform the right steps to fix the issue on your own. Here are the step-by-step instructions to help you resolve the Amped wireless setup issues.
- Reboot Amped extender
- First of all, you must reboot your Amped wireless range extender.
- Power Off your device and wait for a few seconds.
- After that, power On your device and try again.
- Try to access the default web page setup.ampedwireless.com.
- If you can’t access the web page, go to the next step.
- Physical tweaks
- Make sure the Amped extender is well within the range of your PC.
- Also, the power outlet must be working properly.
- Try to change the power outlet and bring your device a little closer to your PC
- Disable firewall or antivirus
- Most of the time, firewalls or antivirus are culpable for setup.ampedwireless.com not working.
- Make sure you disable your PC’s firewall or antivirus for a few minutes.
- Try to access the default web page. If you still can’t access it, go to the next step.
- Try the Amped IP address
- Now that you are still unable to access the web page, you can also use the internal IP address of your device.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.80.240 in the address bar.
- Check whether you are able to reach the default web page or not.
- In case you see the same issue on your screen, go to the next step.
- Reset Amped extender
- This is the last resort to fix the Amped wireless setup issues on your device.
- In this step, you need to reset your extender to the factory default settings.
- Firstly, find the reset button on your extender.
- Press and hold your extender’s reset button for 10 seconds.
- After that, release the button and wait for a few seconds.
- The Amped wireless range extender will take a few seconds to revert to the original configuration.
- Reconfigure your Amped wireless extender
- Now that you have reset the extender, you need to set it up once again.
- Reconnect your PC to the extender’s default network.
- Use the default WiFi password to connect to it.
- After that, login to the device and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your device.
- Finally, the issue will be resolved.
NOTE: To ensure that you don’t have to face the setup.ampedwireless.com not working issue in the future, kindly update your extender’s firmware. Login to your device and check for the latest firmware updates. Once you update your extender’s firmware, your device will be more stable and secure.
This post was all about the Amped wireless setup issues and tips to resolve them on your own. If you ever see your extender’s default URL setup.ampedwireless.com not working, you need to follow the aforementioned instructions to fix it.
We hope you found this post helpful and that it helped you fix the issue that you were facing with your device. If you still have any doubts or queries, kindly feel free to contact our support team for further assistance. Tips to Resolving setup.ampedwireless.com Not Working Issue