QuickBooks lets users use the direct deposit feature to pay their employees. To use the direct deposit function correctly, you need to ensure that the account information is correct and updated. If there are issues in updating the info, it can lead to QuickBooks error 40001. This error code can arise due to many reasons, like issues with the realm ID. If you are encountering QuickBooks error code 40001, you can perform the steps given in this article to address it reliably.
You can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional help from our QB experts in case you are unable to eliminate the error code on your own.
Possible Factors leading to the QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 40001
QuickBooks Desktop error 40001 can occur due to the following common reasons –
- You are not using your admin privileges to run the QuickBooks payroll feature, which is causing restrictions.
- Issues in your company file can also lead to payroll issues, as payroll data is saved in company files.
- The program and Intuit server are unable to establish a connection due to some technical glitch.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not correctly installed, or essential installation files are missing from the system.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application or payroll tax tables are not updated to the latest version.
- You have not set Internet Explorer as your default browser for QuickBooks, which is causing the update failure.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Multi User Mode not Working
Techniques to Eliminate QuickBooks Update Error 40001
QB error code 40001 can be effectively removed by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Utilize the QB Diagnosis Utility to Mend the Installation Issues
You can fix error 40001 in QuickBooks payroll by utilizing the install diagnostic tool from the tool hub.
- Download the setup file by selecting the QuickBooks Tool Hub option under the Help tab and clicking the relevant download link on the Tool Hub page.
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to begin the installation process by following the instructions, and once it completes, run the program using the shortcut icon.
- Go to the Installation Issues tab, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, and wait until it repairs the installation damage leading to update issues.
- After the application repair process completes, launch QuickBooks, and verify if the 40001 error code is rectified.
Solution 2 – Edit the Internet Settings and Set Internet Explorer as the Default Option
You can set Internet Explorer as your default browser to run the QB updates correctly.
- Launch Internet Explorer and go to the top-right corner to click the Tools option or the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options and move to the Programs tab to select the Make Default option.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes and set the default browser.
- Once done, you can retry to activate direct deposit or update the account info to check if the update error is rectified.
You can use the solutions given in this article to eradicate QuickBooks error 40001. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our QuickBooks ProAdvisor technical team.
Also read: QuickBooks Error PS107: Effective Analysis & Precise Solutions