The QuickBooks error 15240 can appear when upgrading QuickBooks or when attempting to download the payroll update. An error message 15240: The payroll update did not finish successfully may appear on your screen. Even messages like “Internet connection error” or “the file you provided cannot be accessed” are possible from time to time. Do not panic if you see such error messages. To fix this error, we have some simple step-by-step solutions for you.
Are you concerned about the QuickBooks error 15240? Please speak to our technical professionals without hesitating. They will pay close attention to your concerns and provide appropriate advice. Feel free to ask all questions by calling them on 1.855.738.2784 .
The primary causes of QuickBooks desktop error 15240
- The QuickBooks desktop error might pop up due to improperly configured internet explorer security settings.
- Any issue with the firewall configuration may also result in QuickBooks desktop error 15240.
- This QuickBooks problem could also be caused when your computer’s date and time settings need to be corrected.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS077
Solutions to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15240
By using practical solutions, you may rectify the QuickBooks payroll update error 15240. Let us go step by step and implement the solutions on your system.
Solution 1: Launch QuickBooks as an administrator
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon to select it.
- Click “Run as administrator” now.
Solution 2: Check your clock and date settings
- Go to your system’s time display and then browse for the option to adjust the date and time settings.
- Change the time and date.
- Tap on apply, then ok.
Solution 3: Check your Internet Explorer settings
- Find the gear icon.
- Next, select Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Verify the security and tick mark Use SSL 3.0 and Use SSL 2.0
- Tap on Apply and then click “ok.”
Solution 4: Verify the permissions on your QB installation folders
- Find C:\Program Files.
- Place a right-click on the Intuit folder and select Properties.
- Access the security tab, then select advanced.
- Verify that the user group has ownership of the folder.
The actions below should be taken if the user group does not have ownership
- In the advanced security settings window, click Change.
- Choose the field Write Users and input the object name.
- Select Check Names.
- Choose ok.
- Verify that the replace owner on sub containers and objects checkbox is selected.
- Navigate to apply, then hit OK.
- Select users from the permissions pane, then click on full control.
- Apply and then click “ok.”
You can prevent such errors by using QuickBooks’ latest version. Remember to update your QuickBooks from time to time.
Concluding it here!
To fix the QuickBooks error 15240, use the troubleshooting steps listed above. In any case, you continue to experience this error and cannot fix it. Please give our support staff a call on 1.855.738.2784. Get instant advice from the experts on how to resolve error 15240 and alseo get all your queries answered.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS033