Netherland Car Market Overview
Car Rentals in Netherlands is one of the growing markets in the European region with multiple players offering customer oriented mobility services along with short term leasing companies. Multiple international players are expected to enter and capture the market with increase in consumer demand in near future.
Source: Ken Research Analysis
For more information, Request a Free Sample Report
- The Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, belonging to the central region is expected to have a large number of international tourists for business and leisure purposes in near future.
- It is expected that the share of EVs will rise to 25.0% as Netherlands is planning to shift towards electric mobility, being taxed less as compared to other cars.
- With rising internet penetration and ownership of smartphones, it is expected that customers will make bookings online as it is more convenient for bookings with additional discounts and saving time.
The Rising demand for Rental Cars: It is expected that Car Rentals in the Netherlands will go beyond in near future owing to trends like demand from the working population for business and leisure, replacing ownership with rental and car sharing due to parking permits, and space availability issues in the country. With the surge in the working-class population to travel by cab aggregators avoiding public transportation. Also with the rising demand for rental cars and short-term car leasing for personal choice.
Rising Internet Penetration and Ownership of Smartphones: Un-Organized channel is likely to fall as business corporates, and international tourists prefer security for renting cars. Less percentage of the Dutch population is to prefer unorganized as rental prices are cheaper. As with rising internet penetration and ownership of smartphones, it is expected that customers will make bookings online as it is more convenient for bookings with additional discounts and saving time.
Taxis & rental cars to be zero-emission by 2025: The Netherlands was chosen as the next logical destination in the country, as the other two big economies in Europe, France, and Spain, have several regulations and strong taxi unions. In the coming years, the Netherlands is to restrict all newly registered taxis and rental cars in the big cities to zero-emission vehicles after 2025. Other parts of the country are allowed until 2030.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication “Netherlands Car Rental Market Outlook to 2027F – Driven by Increasing Demand from the Working-age Population and Expansion of the Tourism and Travel Industry” observed the potential of the Car Rental Market in the Netherlands. The expansion of the tourism industry with rising foreign tourists in the Netherlands and On- Demand for transportation, the rising need for transportation options in the Netherlands, and increasing demand from customers along with government incentives on electric vehicles are expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. The Netherlands Car Rental Market is expected to grow at 13.7% CAGR over the forecasted period 2022P-2027F owing to the increasing demand from the working-age population and expansion of the tourism and travel Industry.
Key Segments Covered
Netherlands Car Rental Market:
- By Market Structure:
- Organized market
- Unorganized market
- By Type of Vehicles:
- Small Cars/ Hatchbacks
- By ICE/EV:
- ICE (Internal Combustion Engine
- Electric Vehicles
- By Region:
- By Mode of Booking:
- By Client:
- By Pick-up:
Key Target Audience
- Car Rental Companies aiming to establish in the Netherlands
- Netherlands automotive industries
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
- Venture Capitalist targeting the car rental market
- Automotive industry association
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Year: 2017-2022P
- Base Year: 2022P
- Forecast Period: 2022P– 2027F
Visit A link Request for Custom Report
- Car Rental Company
Avis Budget Group
Rent a Car
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Overview of Automotive Industry in the Netherlands
- Overview and Genesis of Car Rental Market in Netherlands
- Ecosystem of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Business Cycle and Value Chain Analysis of Car Rental Market in Netherlands
- Netherlands Car Rental Market Sizing, 2017- 2022P
- Market Segmentations of Car Rental Market in Netherlands (by Market Structure, by Type of Vehicle, by ICE/ EV, by Mode of Booking, by Pick-up, by Client, by Region), 2022P
- Snapshots on Car Sharing, Cab Aggregators, Car Pooling/ Ride, Self- Driven Cars and Bike Aggregators
- SWOT Analysis of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Growth Drivers of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Government Regulations And Incentives of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Trends and Developments of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Challenges of Netherlands Car Rental Market
- Competitive Analysis of Car Rental Market in Netherlands
- End User Analysis of Car Rental Market in Netherlands
- Future Outlook and Projections of Car Rental Market in Netherlands, 2022P-2027F
- Market Opportunities and Analyst Recommendations
For more insights on the market intelligence, refer to the link below
Car Rental Companies in Netherlands
Related Reports By Ken Research
Global Airport Car Rental Service Market