Everyone wants to see a clean and pleasant-smelling mattress at the end of a tiring day. But, the mattress becomes stained after every few months. Several things fall on a mattress in a day. Food sauces, coffee, cosmetics and many other things make a mattress stained. These spots can’t be removed with a wet cloth. Sometimes, the stains get infused into the mattress fibres due to the wrong cleaning technique. If you have noticed a few stains on your mattress, then you must have a look at the mattress stain removal methods given below.
Different Kinds of Mattress Stains
Before we know the ways of stain removal, it is necessary to know the different kinds of spots that can occur on a mattress.
- Blood Stains: Cuts, wounds and injuries could lead to blood stains on a mattress. These spots are hazardous to health as they could spread infection.
- Urine Stains: Do you have kids or pets at home? Then, urine stains could be a matter of concern for the house owner.
- Cosmetic Stains: Lipsticks, powder, and other cosmetic products might fall on the mattress while doing the makeup. These stains could be difficult to remove.
- Food and Beverage Stains: Isn’t it relaxing to eat a burger or drink coffee in the bed? But, this habit of eating on a bed can leave horrible stains on the mattress.
- Sweat Stains: When you sleep on the bed at night, the sweat and oil from your body seep down to the mattress. This is why stains are formed.
5 Ways to Remove Mattress Stains
- Use Vinegar
Vinegar is a natural ingredient that gently removes the stains without damaging the mattress fabric and fibres. This ingredient is perfect for removing urine and blood spots. This mattress stain removal Melbourne method is too easy to implement.
How to Use: Take a spray bottle and mix white vinegar and water in equal proportion. Spray this solution on the stains and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Then, take a wet towel and dab the surface to absorb the excess vinegar.
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Liquid Dish Soap
Does your mattress look dirty because of sweat stains? If yes, then you can make a stain removal product at your home. It is an inexpensive yet effective method.
How to Use: In a spray bottle, you can take equal parts of water, hydrogen peroxide and liquid dish soap. You can spray this solution on sweat stains. After leaving the solution for around 20 minutes, you can wipe off the excess moisture with help of a blotting paper or towel.
- Baking Soda
It is a magical ingredient that can is extensively used by people to eliminate vomit stains, wine stains, swat stains and blood stains. It is readily available in the market and can be purchased at a low price.
How to Use: Make a paste of baking soda and rub it on the stains. Let the paste sit on the mattress from 15 minutes to 60 minutes depending on the type of stain and toughness of the stain.
- Meat Tenderizer Paste
Do you know meat tenderizer paste could work wonders for your mattress? You just have to purchase the powder and you will get rid of some stubborn blood stains.
How to Use: Mix one tablespoon of meat tenderizer powder and two tablespoons of cold water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the stains for around half an hour. Lastly, you can use a brush or blotting paper to remove the residue.
- Hire Professionals for Stain Removal
Home remedies are perfect for removing light and fresh stains. But, hard and infectious stains must be removed with help of professionals. You can book mattress stain removal services and get rid of the stains without facing hassles. The experts check the mattress type and use the best stain-removal products to eradicate the spots.
Conclusion Stains overshadow the original colour and design of your mattress. The spots not only spoil the look of your mattress but also affect your health. If you are facing problems because of mattress stains, then you can choose the remedies given in the above list. For removing hard stains, you can hire professionals from Marks Mattress Cleaning to get the stains eliminated within no time.