QuickBooks has demonstrated its worth by executing credible accounting and finance management for more than a million users across the globe. The software reduces the chances of errors in bookkeeping and provides reliable services to its users. Despite having a wide range of features and many different versions, QuickBooks is unprotected against random internal errors that have adverse effects. QuickBooks Error 1625 is one such problem that restricts the user from installing the software on their PC. In case your PC is also affected by this error, leading to failed QuickBooks installation, continue reading the blog till the end to find out its triggers and counter methods you can try.
QuickBooks-related queries can be easily sorted with the assistance of QB professionals available at 1-855-856-0042.
About the issue
Microsoft uses the .NET framework to develop and run Windows applications. Any issues in this Windows component can directly affect QuickBooks installation and suppresses the installation Window with an error message, “The installation is forbidden by system policy that occurs when updating or installing QuickBooks.” You might also face this error while opening or closing the software in case the Windows Registry is damaged. You must take some necessary steps, as the software installation will not finish appropriately until this error is fixed.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Black and White Screen
The conditions which can cause the development of this error in QuickBooks are given below-
- The UAC settings are blocking QuickBooks from getting installed.
- Some Windows Installer files are deleted, or accessing them is restricted by the security software installed on your PC.
- The Installation file you are using was damaged during the download or attacked by a virus or malware on your PC.
The methods to get rid of this error in QuickBooks are given below-
Solution 1- Configure the User Account Control settings
The User Account Control (UAC) settings can be considered a security measure to prevent unwanted programs from getting installed on your PC and making undesired changes to the device. Before installing any program, the UAC settings information Window pops up to confirm the installation. Restrictions from these settings are also a significant reason for this error to occur. Follow the steps given below to configure the UAC settings-
- Go to the control panel on your PC.
- Click on the User accounts option and tap User Accounts again in the following window.
- Click on the Change User Account Control settings option.
- Move the slider to Never notify to turn off the UAC settings and choose Always Notify to turn on the UAC Settings.
- Turn off the UAC settings and retry installing QuickBooks.
Try the next method if the error blocks you again.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks Tool hub
QuickBooks Tool hub can fix common errors like this in the software. Always use the latest version (220.127.116.11) of the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC. Follow the steps given below if you already have it-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC.
- Click on Installation issues and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Retry installing QuickBooks after the process is completed.
The issue will be resolved after using these methods.
You are now aware of the triggers that promote QuickBooks Error 1625 and the methods that can be used to get rid of it. We are confident that the abovementioned methods will help you make your QuickBooks error free again.
If the issues are still present, feel free to contact a QB ProAdvisor support team for assistance at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read: Easy solutions to get rid of the “QuickBooks search not working” Issue