QuickBooks provides the option to connect your bank account directly to your QuickBooks Desktop application. It provides different methods for the same such as the Express Web Connect and the Direct connect. Even if Express Web Connect is a faster and more efficient method, it is not free of errors. You can get the QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error if there occurs any issues while connecting your Bank account to QuickBooks. We will discuss the various reasons and the troubleshooting methods to get rid of the error in this blog.
If you are facing the QuickBooks Web Connect error and struggling to resolve it, contact us at our 1-855-856-0042 and take help from our experts.
How to fix QuickBooks error 198?
QuickBooks error 198 is related to QuickBooks express Web connect error. It usually takes place when a QuickBooks user tries to log in with a different user ID. If that is not the case, then you should follow the method provided below to fix it:
- Go to the ‘Company’ menu in your QuickBooks application.
- Choose the ‘My company’ option.
- Press the ‘Sign out’ button and then set up your bank feed by signing in to Intuit.
If you are still getting the QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error, then you should deactivate your bank feeds and then set it up again.
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6123
How to resolve the Express Web Connect error in QuickBooks Desktop?
If you continue to receive the Express Web connect error in QuickBooks Desktop application, you should set up your bank account again after deactivating it. The steps are as follows:
- Open your application and go to the ‘Lists’ menu.
- Click on the ‘Chart of Accounts’ option and then right-click on the account that you wish to deactivate.
- Click on the ‘Edit Account’ option and then go to the ‘Bank Settings.’
- Deactivate all the online services and then press the ‘Ok’ button.
- Press the ‘Save & Close’ button.
- Go to the ‘Banking’ menu again and then move to the ‘Banking’ section.
- Click on ‘Set up Bank Feeds,’ and select your bank from the ‘Bank’s name.’
- Try to connect your bank using the direct connect and then log in with your credentials.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ button to connect QuickBooks to the Bank’s server.
- Press the ‘Finish’ button when the process completes.
We discussed the reasons behind the QuickBooks Express Web Connect Error through this blog and the methods that can help resolve it. You should be able to resolve the error easily using the methods stated above. If you continue to struggle and need help from an expert, contact us at our 1-855-856-0042.
Source code: https://24bookkeepingserices.wordpress.com/2021/02/24/how-can-you-resolve-quickbooks-express-web-connect-error/
Also read this blog: Fixing the QuickBooks Cannot communicate with the Company file issue