QuickBooks is a popular accounting application used worldwide by small and medium-sized businesses. Besides being one of the most advanced applications, it is prone to various errors. Display issues are common with both Mac and Windows Operating Systems while using the QuickBooks Desktop application. These errors may occur due to system issues, application issues, or settings issues. One such common error is that of QuickBooks Black and White screen. Users often complain of the issue after prolonged use of the application. This blog contains a detailed discussion on the reasons behind the error and the methods of resolutions to fix it.
If you are facing the QuickBooks Black and White screen error, you fail to resolve it on your own. You can call us at our helpline number and take help from our certified and experienced experts.
Quick fixes for the QuickBooks Black and White Screen issue
There are some quick fixes that can be applied if you get the QuickBooks Black and White Screen issue.
Method 1: Reboot your system
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu on your computer.
- Hover over the cursor beside the ‘Shut Down’ button.
- Select the ‘Restart’ option.
Method 2: Change the Windows theme to Basic
- Open the ‘Control Panel’ and find ‘Personalization.’
- Go under the ‘Basic and High Contrast Themes’ and select the ‘Basic’ theme.
- Restart your computer and then open QuickBooks to see if the issue is resolved.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Display issue
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Black screen error?
If the quick fixes mentioned above did not work, there are various methods that can be applied to troubleshoot the error effectively. These have been mentioned below for you:
Method 1: Running the Quick Fix my Program Tool
QuickBooks provides the QuickBooks Tools Hub to fix the issues associated with the QuickBooks application. Quick Fix my program is an important tool to fix errors like the black screen in QuickBooks.
- Open the QuickBooks Tools Hub by clicking on its icon.
- Go to its ‘Program Problems’ section.
- Click on the button saying ‘Quick Fix my Program’ button.
- Wait while the tool runs to resolve the QuickBooks Black and White Screen error.
Method 2: Correct the screen resolution
Follow the steps provided below to correct the screen resolution to make it compatible with your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open the ‘Run’ command of your computer.
- Type “Regedit” and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Click on the drop-down arrows to open successive folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Windows.
- Edit the GDIProcessHandleQuota and change it to ‘65535’.
- Close the registry editor and shut down the system.
- Open the QuickBooks again, and if the issue is resolved, you can change the value back to ‘10000’.
Through this article, we discussed the various methods that can effectively troubleshoot the QuickBooks Black and White screen issue. You can follow the methods provided above easily to get rid of the issue. If you continue to struggle and need the assistance of an experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisor expert, then contact us at our 1-855-856-0042.
source code: https://nikolcage.medium.com/how-can-you-get-rid-of-quickbooks-black-and-white-screen-64589eb60702