Ever wondered what an author interview is like? The same old identical questions. They can’t be enthusiastic to respond to them again after having already answered them 100 times. I can give you an exact list of the inquiries that authors encounter repeatedly at book readings and interviews:
Where does one get your ideas?
What is your writing process like?
What advice does one have for writers?
And if you rummage around for other lists of questions to ask an author in an interview, they’re remarkably uninspired. Everyone basically lists the identical 20 questions that writers always receive.
Here may be a list of some intriguing questions to ask an author.
Of course, the most straightforward query for a writer is one that supports their work. Every author gets excited to discuss their most recent book or the significant one they published a few years ago. They’ll be thrilled to listen if you have a good question, a few characters, a story element, or the process of writing that book.
But if you haven’t read their book yet, this is frequently a close second: I’ve put up a list of fantastic questions for authors that are unexpected and distinctive. These author interview questions, I promise, will catch them off guard for a split second and force them to think carefully about their response.
Best questions to ask an author
Write engaging, succinct interview questions for authors. Here are some interview questions to ask authors to keep things lively and interesting. For you, the author, and mostly the audience, your interview with the author must be tedious, so let’s get started:
- What literary pilgrimages have you ever gone on?
- Does writing energise or exhaust you?
- What is your writing Kryptonite?
- Did you ever consider writing under a pseudonym?
- Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?
- What are your favourite literary journals?
- What is your favourite childhood book?
- Do you view writing as a form of spiritual practice?
- If you didn’t write, what would you be doing for work?
- As a writer, what would you select as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?Good questions to ask an authorSome of these are excellent interview questions for authors. Do you consider writing to be a spiritual exercise? Such a question from an author interview is a great way to get to know an author better and discover more about them. Does writing give you energy or drain you? If you ask the author if they find writing to be energising or depleting, they might open up more about their writing process. This could be a nice general question to put to an author. What would you be doing for work if you weren’t a writer? If this is one of the questions to ask an author, the interviewer and the author might have a casual discussion about the author’s earlier interests.Questions to ask an author about their bookCreate concise, interesting author interview questions. To keep things vibrant and intriguing, ask the authors in your interviews these pertinent questions. The author interview you conduct shouldn’t be monotonous. These queries posed to the author will result in a satisfying experience for everyone.