Smart TV Market Size
The global smart TV market requirement stood at 268.9 million units in 2020 and is looking forward to expanding at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.9% from 2021 to 2028.
A continuous increase in the use of streaming devices, coupled with the growing internet perception is driving the market growth. Furthermore, the shift in consumer choice in recent years has significantly provided revenue generation.
What Are Smart TV Apps?
Like mobile devices, there is an operating system inside the smart TVs. It enables the users to install apps and access digital content natively. For example, LG TVs use WebOS, Sony and Samsung TVs use Android OS, etc. Users can easily download and install new apps from the TV marketplace available on their smartphones. This has led to the sudden rise of smart TV apps.
Benefits of Developing a Smart TV App
Smart TV apps permit TV users to stream web content through their TV screens and employ TV-specific features. Plus, Smart TV apps will give you a great deal and revenue from the developer to developers, but there are many more benefits inclusive of the opportunity to tap into the world’s biggest Smart TV audience. Smart TV apps also make it easy and convenient for users to search for their desired content, connect and view it on a TV, or switch to view the same content on a mobile device.
Same as with mobile app development, there are many smart TV operating systems also on that u can build on your application. The most popular OS nowadays are.
- Apple TV: tvOS;
- Samsung: Tizen;
- LG Smart TV: webOS;
- Google: Android TV;
- Amazon: Fire OS;
Hence, before starting to work on any app, the first thing you need to do is to choose an appropriate operating system.
Key Features to Consider While Creating a Smart TV App
Before creating your Smart TV app, here are several factors and features that should be kept in mind. These facts and features will enhance the usability of the app. These includes:
- User-centric: The Smart TV app should be easy to use and user-friendly too, otherwise people won’t be interested in using these smart tv apps.
- User preferences: A Smart TV app should be easily customizable, keeping in mind user preferences or they won’t find it kindred. Develop the app in such a way that it should be easy for the user to install add-ons or other apps.
- Security: For any user, an app that keeps your data secure or keeps it safe is a desirable app.
- Content segmentation: While developing the smart tv app, make sure that the content is properly unified and segmented so that it’s easy to use the app. You can segment the content based on language, ratings, trending, and other variants too.
- Connection to social media: Smart TV apps keep the user connected with social media helping them relax and watch their favorite content, without the need to walk around with their mobile devices.
- Reviews and ratings: Your Smart TV app should be designed in such a manner that users can submit their reviews and ratings about the app also.
- Reliable and secure payment gateway: If you are thinking about creating a premium Smart TV app, you need a secure and reliable payment gateway along with multiple payment options for users living in different locations.
- Multi-device & multi-language support: Many users often have a smartphone and laptop also, meaning your Smart TV app must support streaming on multiple devices. Through this type of subscription, the users can acquire the content on multiple devices they want, in a single subscription. Multi-language support is also an additional benefit, especially for those whose English is not their first language.
What is the Cost of Developing A Smart TV App?
There are many factors on which the cost of smart app tv includes the chosen operating system, the experience of the smart TV app developers, the app development company, UI/UX design complexity, tech stack, testing, and the key features to be integrated in the future. On average, smart tv app development companies charges somewhere between $15,000 to $40,000 for the development of a smart tv app.
Are you looking for smart tv app developers? Roku tv app developers are one of the best smart tv app development companies out there. Roku TV is much more than a smart TV – it’s a better TV. Roku TV models offer consumers an easy-to-use, easily customizable home screen, a simple remote, and everything you just need to quickly launch shows and movies. Automatic software updates with new features and the latest streaming channels and updates are also provided.