These days work from home culture is getting hype. People around the world are more comfortable doing work from home and earning their living instead of going out. However, to efficiently work and deliver all the work on time, there is a need for high-speed internet.
This is where the write-up comes into the picture. If you have already invested in a router or extender but still getting sluggish internet access, there is a chance that you have not placed your WiFi device correctly.
In this guide, we will help you find the best location for your WAVLINK extender. Well, the information we are going to jot down is not only restricted to being implemented while doing the Wavlink WiFi extender setup. However, you can use the guide for any extender or router model you have at your home. Let’s start and make you understand various points to be checked before locating a Wavlink extender.
Best Place for Locating a Wavlink Extender
- Select a Place within the Range of Router
No matter whether you are looking to place your Wavlink extender in the kitchen or living area, the thing you need to check is that the location is within the range of your home WiFi router.
If you place the Wavlink extender too far from the router, then you will not be able to configure the device or face problems in accessing the internet in far areas of your home.
- Keep Physical Barriers Away
Another thing that demands you to think about is that you place your Wavlink extender away from the obstructions like fish tanks, concrete walls, water tanks, etc.
The closeness of such things to your device can hamper its performance, for your perusal.
- Choose the Central Location
An ideal place to locate a Wavlink extender is the central area of the home. So, instead of dumping your extender in a corner or under a table, we suggest you place it in the central area of your home.
While choosing the location, also ensure that you place your Wavlink extender over a higher surface. Keeping it on a floor can result in poor internet connectivity.
- Get rid of Electronic Appliances
Electronic appliances can also hamper the working of your Wavlink extender. Yes, you read it right! Thus, we suggest you place the extender away from the reach of appliances like microwave ovens, cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, etc. If any of these devices are closer to your extender, you may face Wavlink login issues.
- Avoid Overheating
While locating your Wavlink extender, there is a need to check the surface you are using to place it is not eliminating heat.
If it is, your extender will get overheated, may get victim of the red light issue, and not spread its signals to the fullest.
- Look for Metal and Aluminum Appliances
Like electronic devices, there is a need to keep your Wavlink extender away from metal appliances and aluminum studs as well. Hence, check the same before locating the extender.
These all are the factors that need to be taken care of while placing a Wavlink extender. Some users reported that even after placing their devices correctly, they can’t stream videos without lags. If the same is your situation, check the points below and learn about various additional tips.
Bonus Points to Make the Most of Wavlink Extender
- Make sure the power button of your Wavlink extender is turned off when there is no need for internet. This will help your device revive its performance.
- Bring your Wavlink extender firmware update whenever a new one is available. You can check the availability of new firmware by accessing the wifi.wavlink.com login page.
- Keep the external antennas of your Wavlink extender aligned.
- Never stick with the default password. Change the login details from time to time so that no unauthorized access can be there.
- Avoid sharing the admin login details with others. Just in case you are forced to share your WiFi details, better create a Guest Network Account and share that details.
- Ensure cable connections. If an Ethernet cable has been used by you to connect the extender to the router, verify that it has no cuts.
These all are the ways following which you can get the best performance from your Wavlink extender. Share your feedback with us about how did you find the post.