The color of a product is often one of the first things that a customer notices. In many cases, it can be the deciding factor in whether or not they make a purchase. As a result, it is important to pay close attention to the colors of your products. Ensuring that the colors are consistent across all products and free of Metamerism will create a positive impression of your brand and increase customer satisfaction. Thus, we at Presto have come up with one of the amazing lab testing instruments known as a Color Matching Cabinet – Spectrum Asia. This testing instrument has been designed to maintain the consistency and quality of colors. It has been provided with a standardized environment for the evaluation and visual assessment of colors.
It comes with standardized and controlled lighting conditions that make it easy for you to test the sample accurately. Here we are going to discuss the working of the color matching cabinet. But first, we will focus on how this lab testing equipment will be used to test the consistency of colors and helps to remove the Metamerism problems you are facing in your products. So, let us get started!
How Presto color matching cabinet will solve the problem of Metamerism?
The human eye perceives color based on the light that is reflected off an object and back into our eye. Objects can reflect different amounts of light across the visible spectrum, resulting in the human eye perceiving different colors.
However, certain light sources can cause two objects with different reflection spectra to appear in the same color. This is due to the fact that the human eye perceives color based on the light that is reflected off an object and back into our eye, and certain light sources can cause two objects with different reflection spectra to reflect the same amount of light back into our eye.
As a result, Metamerism can lead to two objects appearing as the same color when they are viewed under a specific light source, even though they may appear as different colors when viewed under other light sources. Thus, to overcome the problem of Metamerism in products, it is important for you to test your materials using a Presto color matching cabinet.
This is one of the widely used lab testing equipment that makes the use of different light sources under the standardized condition to provide you with accurate and reliable testing results. Presto is a leading manufacturer of color matching cabinets and provides you with this lab testing equipment at the best and most affordable prices.
This color-matching cabinet testing equipment is highly useful to solve the consequences of Metamerism in your products.
Features and Technical Specifications of Presto color matching cabinet- Spectrum Asia
The color matching cabinet procedure is highly useful in the textile industry and is suitable for almost all applications that will be helpful in requiring color consistency and quality. It will be used to perform a visual evaluation of color differences in a standardized and controlled environment.
Below we have listed the features of this lab testing equipment.
- The equipment offers controlled and reproducible lighting conditions.
- It comes with a wide viewing area so that you can test different sizes of samples with ease.
- Suitable for all applications, that demand color consistency, and quality.
- It makes use of multiple light sources or lamps to detect the phenomenon of
- Various light sources include artificial daylight, cool white light, tungsten filament light, ultraviolet black light, and Triphosphor light.
- The apparatus is available in various other designs and specifications according to buyers’ needs across Asia, Europe & USA.
Technical Specifications of Presto color matching cabinet
- The equipment is fitted with FIVE Light Sources as per CIE International Standards:
- D – 65 – Artificial daylight – 2 Nos.
- TFL Light-Tungsten Filament – 4 Nos.
- TL – 84 Light-Point of Sale – 1No.
- UVB Light-Ultra Violet – 1 No.
- CWF Light-Cool white fluorescent – 1 no.
- Hour Meter-Imported from Germany to record the cumulative usage.
- The angle of the viewing booth – is 45 degree
- Viewing Booth Material – Wood or Steel
- Time Totalizer – up to 99999.9 hours
- The Presto color matching cabinet is manufactured strictly as per ASTM standards and comes complete with an instruction manual and conformance certificate.
With these features and technical specifications, it will be easy for you to determine the consistency of colors. Now, let us focus on the working of this lab testing equipment.
Working on Presto color matching cabinet
As we have discussed above, colors play a vital role in determining the consistency of products. Testing the colors is an important part of quality control. Thus, by using the Presto color matching cabinet, it will be easy for you to make sure the right colors will be used.
The Presto color matching cabinet is a standardized lab testing equipment that allows you to test colors and ensure that they match the intended color palette. This is done by comparing the color of the sample to the color chip on the cabinet. If the colors match, then you can be confident that the product will be consistent with the desired color scheme. If not, then you can adjust the recipe or manufacturing process accordingly. Using the Presto color matching cabinet is an essential part of any quality control process that requires consistency in colors.
Below we have listed the steps through which you can easily operate this lab testing equipment.
- Place the material at the bottom of a viewing booth at the distance from the illuminator required to obtain the specific luminance. The specimen should be viewed at a distance of 450 to 600mm (18” to 24”).
- When viewing a glossy surface, it is necessary to avoid seeing the light source secularly reflected by the surface. This may be accomplished by illuminating along the normal to the surface and viewing at 45° C to the normal or illuminating at 45°.
- The INCA Light consists of four incandescent bulbs. Assessment should be done under filament lighting to ensure that the two samples are still matching. It is this light under which Metamerism is detected (Metamerism–when samples appear to be the same under one light source and become altogether different in another light). If the match is satisfactory, proceed on to the next light.
- The U.V. Light switch should now be put ON to enable tests to be carried out under ultraviolet light. With the widespread use of fluorescent dyes and brighteners, it is necessary to ascertain if both samples react equally to ultraviolet radiation. It is often found particularly in the case of white samples the U.V.B. Light clearly indicates the presence of fluorescent dyes and bleaches.
- A final test under TL-84 Triphosphor Fluorescent lamp is carried out to ascertain if the colors are acceptable at the ‘Point of Sale’.
- If the matching of both the samples holds well under all the lights. It means that the dyeing, printing, and coloring of the sample are as per the requirement.
In this way, you can easily test the variance in colors of your product. Want to conduct a Free sample testing session for this color-matching testing equipment? If yes, then give us a call at +91 9210903903 or email us at [email protected] to know about the color matching cabinet price We will assure you to provide you with the right information for your queries.