Protecting your personal and family assets requires conscious and precise planning. Hiring a car insurance policy gives you that peace of mind and protection you need against any mishap that may occur and that may affect the normal development of your activities or the safety of your family or loved ones. We explain what car insurance covers and the different auto insurance coverages that MAPFRE offers to its policyholders.
The vehicle insurance offer a number of coverages to provide adequate support for the insured, protecting the vehicle and tranquility of its occupants, who in most cases are relatives or are related to the insured.
By understanding what a car insurance covers and the main aspects that it is important to protect, we can decide on the different types of vehicle policy. In a general sense:
- Vehicle insurance is designed to preserve the investment, personal or family, that the vehicle represents. Offers security in the event of any unexpected event. Protection extends to both the vehicle and the occupants at the time of the accident.
- The policy offers a vehicle liability guarantee, covering damage to property of third parties involved in accidents, as well as injuries to persons or deaths, in the event that they may occur. The coverage extends to the case of one or more people.
- The policy coverage protects your investment against damages that may occur due to small, medium or large accidents, whether the vehicle is in circulation or parked. The policy also covers the occurrence of natural events or by the action of organized groups that may cause damage to the vehicle.
- The insurer has the support of authorized dealers or first-line workshops that guarantee adequate repair, the supply of original spare parts and the presence of specialized labor, as part of the guarantee of the policy contract.
- The policy protects against total or partial loss that may occur due to theft, guaranteeing the replacement of the stolen parts, as well as the vehicle, if the total loss occurs. We speak of total loss when the repair of the damage or replacement of stolen parts, plus labor, taxes and other costs, is equal to or greater than 75% of the value of the vehicle at the time the accident occurs.
- In the case of theft of the vehicle, the total or partial damage suffered by the insured car during the time it was missing is covered, if it is recovered before the payment of the compensation by the insurer takes place.
- In the event that the hiring of a lawyer on behalf of the insured is required, the insurer will indemnify the expenses incurred for the representation.
As you can see, in the event of any unforeseen event, it is always convenient to have a vehicle insurance policy.