This article will discuss why your HP Pavilion or my hp laptop is not charging. The article will show you how to troubleshoot the issue. There are several ways to find out the root cause of the issue. This is necessary because it’s impossible to solve any problem without knowing the root cause. This will allow you to resolve the issue by checking Windows 10’s or Windows 8’s power settings.
How to fix an HP laptop is not charging on Windows 10
As we have already stated, changing Windows power settings will make a big difference in the performance of your battery. How to do this:
- First of all, open the “Settings” of your HP laptop.
- Click on the Power and Sleep button in the panel.
- Here, you need to review the values in both the “Screen” and “Sleep,” menus.
- It is recommended to make sure that the values do not fall below acceptable levels. E.g., Select values for system inactivity if the on-off switch is pressed.
- Next, scroll down and find the “Additional” power setting. Click on it. This will display a list with all of your power options.
- Additionally, you can click on the “Change” button next to your existing plan.
- Be sure not to change settings in a way that causes your computer to shut down suddenly.
- Tap on the option that states, “Change advanced powers settings.” It could be found at the bottom of the power plans.
- You might also want to go back to default settings. However, this will erase any additional power settings.
- Next, click on “OK” to save your changes. For this task to be completed, your system may need to be restarted.
If the problem persists, you may take help from the expert technicians available at the HP Support helpdesk.
Why is my HP laptop battery-charging?
There may be several reasons of my hp laptop is not charging. There could be an issue with the power socket, or you might have misplaced the charger. This issue can be fixed by performing a number of checks. To check the power adapter, remove the battery and connect the power cable. If the laptop turns on with no problems, it’s likely the fault is in the battery.
Another way to fix HP laptop battery failure is when it is plugged in
There are several other options to solve the problem. These have been discussed here.
- After waiting a few minutes, you can plug your HP notebook into another outlet to check if it is charging. If the laptop starts charging, it’s not the charger or battery.
- Pay attention to the charging adapter. Also, inspect the entire length. There could be tears or dents. If you notice any of these, it is worth replacing the adapter. If the adapter does not charge your laptop, it is likely that the adapter is defective.
- The power jack should be checked on the HP laptop. Make sure the adapter is also connected properly. The adapter should not jiggle or fall out of its jack. For a correct diagnosis, take your laptop to a repair shop so you can use it again.
If none of the above methods work, it is time to replace the battery. After you have inserted the new battery into your laptop, it will start charging and working properly. The original adapter is the best way to increase your laptop’s battery life.