Setting up the password on Linksys router is fairly an easy task. Just open a browser and log into the web interface of the Linksys device using http://192.168.1.1. It is important to set a complex password for your router as it creates protection from unwanted access to your network. If you are a Linksys user, then read this short article on ‘how do I setup a Linksys router’s password?’
Here are 5 steps to setup a Linksys router password. Follow the below instructions carefully to secure your router’s network:
Step 1: Reset the Linksys Router
- Before you set up the Linksys router password, reset the router to the factory defaults.
- Turn on the router and plug it into a power source. Wait for the power LED to blink.
- Now, look for the reset button on the bottom panel of your router. Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip for about 30 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED becomes steady.
- Turn off the router and turn it on again. Check if the power LED stops blinking.
Step 2: Log into the Linksys router
- Connect your router to the computer with the Ethernet cable.
- Similarly, connect the modem to the router. Turn off the modem, connect the modem to the LAN port of the router with another Ethernet cable, and turn on the modem again.
- Open a browser on the computer and type http://192.168.1.1/ the default IP address in the browser’s address bar.
- When a login screen appears, enter the default username and password. Click ‘Login’.
Step 3: Set up the Linksys Admin Password
- Once you log into the router’s configuration page, change the admin username and password of the Linksys router.
- Click the ‘Setup’ tab. After that click the ‘Basic’ option.
- Now, enter the new username and password in the required fields.
- Click the ‘Save’ tab to save the changes.
Step 4: Set up the Linksys Wireless Password
- After you change the admin login details, create the Linksys Wi-Fi password to keep your home network secure.
- For this, select the ‘Security’ option under the ‘Wireless’ tab.
- Now, choose a security option WPA/WPA2 and enable the ‘Wireless SSID Broadcast’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Basic Wireless’ option to choose security settings.
- Next, enter the new wireless password in the Passphrase field.
- Click ‘Apply & Save’ to setup password on Linksys router.
- Now, connect to the router’s network using new Wi-Fi password.
Hope you have understood now ‘how do I setup a Linksys router’s password?’ For more information related to the Linksys router, contact us. We have a team of experts who have years of experience. You can call us at our toll-free no. or chat live via a live chat window.