myrouter.local is the default web address that is used to log in Linksys routers’ web-based setup page at http://myrouter.local. Accessing this web interface is important when you have to configure different settings for your Linksys wireless routers such as port forwarding, wireless network setup, wireless network security, LAN settings, etc.
Here’s how you’ll access the Linksys router web interface of the router through myrouter.local:-
- The first thing that you should do is make sure that the router is powered ON. After that, you would like to determine a connection between your router and your PC.
- It is recommended that you establish a wired connection between the router and the PC using an Ethernet cable. If coaxial cable isn’t available then you’ll also establish a wireless connection by connecting to the WiFi network of the router.
- Once a connection has been established between the router and the device, open a web browser on your PC/Laptop.
- In the address bar of the browser, type http://myrouter.local (default web address for web interface) or 192.168.1.1 (default IP address for web interface) and hit Enter.
- A login page will appear and you will have to enter the default username and password to continue. The default username and password for Linksys wireless routers are:
- Username: blank field
- Password: admin
- If the login credentials are correct then you will be successfully logged into the web interface of the Linksys router.