Linksys RE6300 Extender/ linksys re6500 extender help in providing high-speed internet in your dead zones. Linksys RE6300 Extender or linksys re6500 extender with the help of a browser can be Setup. Before starting the process of Linksys RE6300/re6500 Extender setup just note down your SSID and Password of your Router. http://extender.linksys.com is web address to reach the linksys extender setup page.
Linksys Extender RE6300 should be plugged into a power outlet. Once you see the blinking orange light then start the linksys extender RE6300 setup process.
- Firstly, through a computer or a cell phone, connect your device to the Linksys range extender’s default SSID, which is Linksys Extender Setup – xxx.
IMP: The xxx represents Linksys RE6300’s MAC address.
- In the Address Bar type “extender.linkys.com or “192.168.1.1“.
- Once the Linksys RE6300 setup page opens up, select between “Range Extender and Access Point”.
- It will show all the available WiFi networks, choose your Home WiFi Network.
- Punch in your Router’s WiFi password and click next.
- Also here in this step, you can change your Linksys RE6300 Extenders Network Name.
- Spot finder will indicate a perfect location for you RE6300 Linksys Range Extender.
- Create Password for your Extender.
- Lastly, register your product by typing your email.
- Your Linksys RE6300 is all set up now.
Linksys RE6500 extender Setup
If you are looking for a solution to get rid of a slow internet connection, then performing Linksys RE6500 setup will certainly be the best bet for you. Setting up a RE6500 extender will not just provide you with an uninterrupted internet connection but also expand the existing WiFi coverage area. Also, you can connect as many devices as you want with the WiFi extender without dreading a slow internet connection.
Step-by-Step Guidelines to Perform Linksys RE6500 Setup
Below-given are the instructions you need to follow in order to set up a RE6500 WiFi extender without any hassle. On the off chance if you get stuck at some point while setting up your device, then feel free to get in touch with our experts.
- First things first, place your extender in the same area where the router is placed.
- Then, attach the antennas on the Linksys extender and power on your WiFi device.
- But, before you power it on, make sure it is plugged into a wall socket.
- Do not proceed further until the power LED light becomes solid green.
- Next, select the type of WiFi setup you want to process – wired or wireless.
- In case of a wired connection, make use of a cable to connect your extender and router.
- And in the case of wireless, use a wireless source to connect both your WiFi devices.
- Then, open your computer and go to a web browser of your choice.
- Enter the default IP or extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the web browser.
- Fill in the default username and password in the necessary fields.
- Do not forget to click on the Log In button.
- Did you just come across the extender.linksys.com not working error? If the answer is yes, then get in touch with our experts straight away for assistance.
- Once you hit the Log In button, go to the Settings option.
- Next, click on Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Now, click on the Manual mode and enter the Network name (SSID).
- Once you are done giving your WiFi device a name, change its location.