If you setup your wireless router reception and haven’t taken the time to see for firmware updates you’ll be missing out on important security updates or new feature. If this is often the case you’ll want to see out the guide below where I walk you thru the steps necessary to update your D-Link router’s firmware in order that you’ve got the newest and most secure version of the router’s software.
- Log in to your Dlink router by visiting http://192.168.0.1 or the address you used when the router was configured. Click Tools then Firmware.
- Click the Check Now button within the Firmware Information section on the page. once you reach the merchandise page, click the Firmware link on the proper .
- Scroll down the firmware list and find the newest version of the firmware. confirm that it’s newer than the one you’re currently using (Step 2/A above). Click the Download button to start downloading the new firmware version, reserve it to your computer.
- Once the download is complete return to the D-Link router page and click on the Choose File button.
- Locate and choose the file you only downloaded and click on Open. Note: Before you continue with the upload confirm that you simply are employing a computer that’s connected on to the router, no wireless connections please.
- Click Upload.
- once you see the prompt about backing up your configuration file, click OK if you’ve protected the file to continue.
- Click okay to confirm that you simply chose the right firmware file.
The firmware update are going to be uploaded to the router and therefore the router will reboot. After which you’ll see a page with a 15 second countdown. Once completed, head over to the Dlink router’s admin page by visiting http://192.168.0.1 on your browser. Enter the default Dlink Router user name – admin and password – none. If entering a blank password doesn’t work, try admin because the password also.
D-Link firmware update Manually
Step 1: Download the newest firmware for your DIR Series router from http://www.dlink.com/support or your local D-Link support website.
Step 2: Once you´ve downloaded the D-Link Router firmware, open an online browser like Internet browser and enter http://dlinkrouter, http://dlinkrouter.local , or http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
Step 3: The default username is Admin. Enter your administrator password. If you’ve not changed the default password, as well as this field should be left blank.
Step 4: Click Manual Setup. Click on the maintenance tab on the very best of the page then click on D-Link Router Firmware Update from the menu on the left-hand side. Under D-Link Router Firmware Upgrade click on the Browse button and locate the .bin file downloaded in Step 1. Highlight the file by clicking thereon once then open .
Step 5: Click on Upload to upgrade firmware. it’s going to take up to 30 seconds for the upgrade to finish. When the upgrade is complete, as well as confirmation window will appear, click Continue when it appears. The firmware update is now upgraded.