The D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender is used to extend the secure wireless signal at your home, allowing you to share the higher speed internet compared to the previous home network.
It offers following features:
- High speed internet performance
- Latest wifi 802.11 ac technology
- Smooth free real time audio and video access
- Compatible with WPS – One touch Setup button
- Supports latest wireless network security
- Supports WPA/WPA2 standards for wireless encryption.
The D-link DAP-1620 AC 1200 wifi range extender works as a repeater to amplify the previous wireless network and broadcast it with broader range and enhanced coverage to areas with poor or no signal reception; basically dead zones.
The extended network by D-link DAP-1620 AC 1200 wifi range extender is easy to connect using the same wireless network credentials, SSID and password as the existing home wireless network. It is also convenient to specify and assign a different wireless network name SSID and password giving the users control over secured network access.
D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender an Access point
The D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender could also be used as a wireless Access Point after connecting an Ethernet cable to its Ethernet port. As an AP, the extender serves as a wifi hotspot allowing multiple numbers of wireless devices connected together to create a LAN connection.
The wireless network speed of the existing network remains unchanged using D-link wifi extender as an Access Point.
D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender Setup
There are below mentioned configuration tools used to set up your D-link DAP-1620 wifi range extender:
WPS – Using “WPS-PBC Configuration” allows setup D-Link range extender with just one touch push.
QRS Mobile App – This mobile application could be downloaded on your Android, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch devices to Setup and Configure your D-link wifi range extender.
D-Link Setup Wizard – The Setup wizard accessed via dlinkap.local login auto-launches on logging into the D-link range Extender’s web configuration interface for the first time.
Manual D-link Configuration – This type of configuration is used to setup the D-link extender manually for experienced users by entering the essential wireless network details manually.
D-link Ac 1200 wifi range extender WPS setup:
- Plug the Dlinkap.local wifi range extender into an electrical power outlet closer to where your home router is positioned.
- Power it on and wait for the status LED to flash Amber light.
- Press the WPS push button on the router first.
- Within the next 120 seconds, press the WPS button on the extender as well.
- The status LED starts to flash.
- Wait for the LED to turn solid green which would take about 1 -2 minutes.
- The WPS setup is complete.
- Relocate the extender to a location between the home router and area with minimum wifi coverage.
- Use the Smart signal strength indicator to know an optimal location to position the D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender.
- Connect your wireless devices to the extended wifi connection using the SSID with _EXT and password of existing network.
D-link AC 1200 login and configuration:
- Launch a web browsing window on the computer’s screen that is connected to D-link AC 1200 wifi range extender’s wifi.
- Navigate to dlinkap.local as the D-link extender login web address from the browser’s URL bar.
- The D-link extender Login page gets directed on your PC screen.
- Use the default http://Dlinkap.local extender login username as admin in the desired field.
- Also, for the default D-link extender login password, leave the field blank; alternatively, use the personalized login password if you changed it during setup.
- The D-link extender’s web GUI would be routed on your screen allowing you to configure extender settings.