In this section, we will discuss how we can secure our Linksys router. For this, your computer or any device you are using must be connected to your router by an Ethernet cable. If you cannot use Ethernet cable for the connection then the connection will get lost at least twice. So, it is better to use Ethernet cable for this process.You have to follow the steps given below to secure the Linksys router. For this process, you will have to open the administration panel of the Linksys router by using linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Connect your computer to the router by using an Ethernet cable. Plug its one end into the computer and another into one of the four LAN ports of the router. Now, launch an Internet browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox from the same computer.
- Type the IP address of your Linksys router in the address bar at the top of the browser and the IP address is 192.168.1.1. You can use linksyssmartwifi.com web address to access the login window.
- After this, a login window opens. Enter the username and password for your Linksys router in the given fields of username and password.
- By default, the username is blank and password is admin for the Linksys router. Enter the same and hit enter from your keyboard or press the OK button by using the mouse.
- The Basic home page of the router displays. You will see wireless on the top left. Click on it. Select the manual option from the opened window.
- Now, change the network name for your Linksys router model by typing the name in the network name or SSID field. It is recommended to set the network name that you can remember easily.
- Click on save button. You will automatically get connected to the new network name if the connection is through an Ethernet cable. If the connection is wireless then the connection gets disabled. You have to connect to the new network name by looking at the available networks after clicking on the network icon in the notification area.
- To set the security mode, select the wireless security option under the wireless tab. select the security mode for your router. It is recommended to choose WPA/PSK mode as this one is the safest of all. After selecting the mode, you have to set the password for the same. This is to be done to make your network more secure.
- Click on the save settings after all the things are done.
- Now, if any device wants to connect to your network then it has to enter the password to get connected. And your network is secured now.
If you get any issues while doing the wireless settings like not able to connect via linksyssmartwifi.com, feel free to contact our helpdesk. You will get an instant solution. And our expert will stay connected to you till your problem gets resolved. Chat with us online for a solution if we are online otherwise; leave a message with all your details. We will get back to you as soon as possible.