Linksys Extender Setup is executed using the web-based setup page extender.linksys.com. WiFi range extenders are specially intended to overcome issues with WiFi dead zones. These devices amplify the WiFi signals coming from your network router prior to transmitting them to the connected devices. In this manner, the strength of WiFi signals increases, and the penetration loss is minimized. The very first thing for the http//extender.linksys.com setup is to login to this web-based Linksys range extender setup interface. Here are the steps that you will need for login
- Connect the extender to the power supply using the power cable. Wait till the lights become stable.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect a computer or laptop with the wireless extenders Ethernet port.
- Make sure there are no cuts on the Ethernet cable and the Ethernet ports are working fine.
- The connections should be finger-tight.
- Now open a web browser installed on your computer and type http://extender.linksys.com</strong> in the address bar.
- Hit Enter and you will be asked for a username and a password.
- These credentials are “admin” and “password” by default if you have not customized them. (Contact experts if you forgot your password or if it says username or password INCORRECT) After entering the credentials, click on “Login”
- Wait for a few minutes and you will be routed to the http //extender.linksys.com setup page for Linksys range extender setup.
The above steps are for non-configured extenders. In case your extender is already configured, refer to the next section for accessing Linksys smart WiFi setup page.
Linksys Extender Login Page via extender.linksys.com
If you are not able to access the Linksys extender login page via http//extender.linksys.com, there can be various reasons behind the problem. Cross-check the points listed below and confirm whether everything is fine!
- All your wired connections are proper and clinched. No breakages are there in any of the wires.
- Make sure your Linksys extender is turned on and getting sufficient power supply.
- The computer/laptop you are using to reach the Linksys smart WiFi setup wizard is not infected.
- The web browser you are using to access http//extender.linksys.com is up-to-date with the latest software version.
- There is no cache, cookies, and history accumulated in your web browser.
- You have entered the web address http//extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the browser.
- There are no typing mistakes in the URL you entered to access the Linksys extender login page.
- You have entered the right password to log in to your Linksys extender.
Have you cross-checked the points above? It is expected that the Linksys extender login issues will no more trouble you. If the situation is still the same and you cannot access the Linksys extender setup wizard, contact our highly-skilled professionals for assistance and get set to enjoy the expanded network of your WiFi as much as you want.
Update the Firmware of Linksys Extender
Keeping the latest firmware in your Linksys Extenders is highly recommended, to get faster wifi speed and for better Network Protection. To update Linksys Extender’s firmware, follow the given steps:-
1) Firstly, open any browser (Google, Firefox, Safari, etc.) on your cell phone or laptop and login into your Linksys extender setup page. (Click Here to setup)
2) Once you are on your Wifi range extender setup page, it will prompt you for a password. If you have changed the password put in the custom password.
note:- the Linksys default password is “admin” and clicks on login.
3) Under Administration tab click on Firmware Upgrade. For Instance, You can take reference from the image given below.
4) Lastly, we can update Linksys Extender’s firmware in two ways-
* click on the option which says CHECK FOR FIRMWARE, and click on UPDATE in case your firmware isn’t already the latest one.
* Moreover, we can update range extenders’ firmware manually by selecting the firmware file we earlier downloaded and uploading it with the upload option.
Note:- You will have to download the firmware file from Linksys Range Extender’s support page.